Work with us!
Position Communications Manager
Location Encuentro, Albuquerque, NM
Deadline date June 30 or until posting is removed Encuentro seeks a dynamic, experienced and professional full-time communications manager to support Encuentro in its mission to engage Latino immigrant families in education and career development opportunities that build skills for economic and social justice. The communications manager will lead our team in telling the story of the organization and supporting our community of students and families through trainings and supporting the Tu Voz Digital program. This position is both technical and creative, and will require experience in content creation, communications planning and communications strategy. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is involved in day-today operations, strategy, content creation, account management and leading the Encuentro team of staff and community to create meaningful stories that help accomplish our mission.
About Encuentro Founded in 2010, Encuentro is a non-profit organization with a mission to transform our state into a thriving community for all New Mexicans by engaging with Latino immigrants in educational and career development opportunities that build skills necessary for economic and social justice. The organization operates with an annual budget of approximately $800,000. Encuentro enrolls over 400 students per year in programs such as ESL, computer training, GED, financial literacy, small business and Home Health Aide certification. Tu Voz Digital, our community journalism program, highlights hyper-local stories that focus on immigration, culture, labor, educational issues, among others, through popular communications tools such as Facebook and our blog. Our community journalists are building a culture of media-makers that search for solutions to community problems while inspiring civic participation. These community journalists and video/media makers cover stories in and out of the classroom that propel our voices and our stories out to non-immigrant communities that otherwise would not be reached.This is an exciting time to join the Encuentro team as we work side-by-side with our Latino immigrant community and ally organizations to identify opportunities for advancement and full realization of immigrant contributions to our state. To learn more about the work of Encuentro please visit www.encuentronm.org and www.encasacare.com.
Encuentro is seeking an experienced, creative and energetic full time Communications Manager to lead the implementation of strategic communication plans and initiatives. The Communications Manager will implement strategies that promote and increase the visibility of the organization’s mission and goals, including working with partner organizations, as well as serving as a representative of Encuentro. The Communications Manager will lead Encuentro’s Tu Voz Digital program, supporting community journalists to provide testimony to the immigrant experience and growing the program’s visibility and impact.
- Managing and producing communication deliverables and resources to build relationships with the immigrant community including Encuentro students, allies and partner organizations
- Manage the Encuentro social media, website, and blog posts
- Oversee Tu Voz Digital (TVD), our community journalism program
- Provide media literacy trainings for TVD members and Encuentro students and staff
- Use digital media to amplify news stories that will focus on Encuentro’s mission
- Build a strong online presence on social media for Encuentro
- Implement and build upon Encuentro’s communication strategy
- Organize bi-weekly status reports on social media, website, performance for staff
- Spanish language fluency and excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Experience implementing social media strategy; developing original content and increasing engagement
- Extensive experience in using WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Drive
- Strong research, writing and editing skills; ability to incorporate information into meaningful messages for different audiences
- Familiarity with managing and updating website content
- Ability to facilitate training sessions for staff and Encuentro students
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience in radio and media-making
- Experience in photography and/or videography, including experience in lighting indoor shoots
- Ability to work as a team player, supporting the drive to complete projects
- Skilled at responding to and delivering results on short timelines
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- Creative thinker
- Ability to track and follow-through on multiple daily, weekly, and monthly tasks
Compensation and Benefits Compensation is based on years of experience and the non-profit industry standard in New Mexico for a Communications Manager. Salary range, $40,000 - $50,000 dependent on experience. Benefits include paid vacation, medical insurance, 401k plan, sick leave, and and generous paid holidays.
Email Resume (English) and cover letter (Spanish) addressing the above requirements and qualifications to email@example.com. Please include your last name and “Communications Manager” in the subject line, and indicate in your cover letter where you found this job listing. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled, but preference will be given to applications received by June 30.
Encuentro is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Encuentro encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.