Work with us!
Position: Development Director
Location: Encuentro, Albuquerque, NM
Deadline date: June 30 or until posting is removed
Encuentro seeks a dynamic, seasoned and professional full-time Development Director, responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies that meet operational and program objectives for the organization.
Founded in 2010, Encuentro is a non-profit organization with a mission to transform our state into a thriving community for all New Mexicans by engaging with Latino immigrants in educational and career development opportunities that build skills necessary for economic and social justice. The organization operates with an annual budget of approximately $800,000. Encuentro enrolls over 400 students per year in programs such as ESL, computer training, GED, financial literacy, small business and Home Health Aide certification. This is an exciting time to join the Encuentro team as we work side-by-side with our Latino immigrant community and ally organizations to identify opportunities for advancement and full realization of immigrant contributions to our state. To learn more about the work of Encuentro please visit www.encuentronm.org and www.encasacare.com.
The Development Director will play a leadership role in the implementation of Encuentro’s strategic vision to become a premier educational programming and career development institution for the Latino immigrant community, leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to raise vital funds for the organization.
Working in collaboration with the Executive Director, Encuentro staff and project partners, the Development Director is principally responsible for leadership in the following areas.
- Assist Executive Director in diversifying revenue streams, growing organizational revenue, and generating additional funds
- Provide leadership in the development, writing, and submission of grants
- Coordinate and oversee the reporting to funders as part of the maintenance of relations with funders
- In concert with the Executive Director, build and manage effective partnerships with all constituents who can support the organization’s mission and goals
- Meet with foundation, corporation, business and government entities as appropriate to cultivate grant opportunities
- Spearhead the annual fundraising letter, and staff fundraising events
- Represent Encuentro to community, civic, local and regional events, and relevant educational, business and social justice networks
- Maintain necessary systems to support on-going fundraising and reporting including maintaining current, accessible information of all donors and sponsors
- Provide leadership in the writing and submission of reports for grants received by the organization
- Support data analysis as it pertains to grant writing and program evaluation
- Review existing programs, data collection and evaluation systems for improvements and innovation
- Spearhead the development committee of the Board of Directors (recruitment of members, conducting monthly meetings, working with board members to support their fundraising efforts)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of five years in development as a fundraising professional
- Outstanding grant writing experience with foundations, government entities and corporate solicitations/sponsorships
- Understanding of best practices in development and current on fundraising trends
- Experience planning budgets and essential acuity with basic financial knowledge
- Excellent research skills and computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internet search engines
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) designation an asset, but not required
- Strong Spanish language skills, including reading, writing and speaking
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to immigrant rights and issues of social and economic justice
- Personally committed to advancing the Encuentro’s values, mission, goals and programs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to navigate and resolve conflict in a manner that values and respects relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Intellectual agility, highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, excellent time management, and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- A self-starter and finisher with a demonstrated ability to manage projects and follow-through with minimal direct supervision
- Emotionally mature, with a sense of humor and the ability to maintain balance and perspective
- A flexible team player who works collaboratively, shares responsibilities, and supports and acknowledges colleagues’ contributions.
- A commitment to diversity; respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, arrest or conviction history, and socio-economic circumstance
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time salaried position. Compensation is based on years of experience and the non-profit industry standard in New Mexico for a Development Director. Salary range, $50,000 - $60,000 dependent on experience. Benefits include paid vacation, medical insurance, 401k plan, sick leave, and generous paid holidays.
Send a resume and cover letter, addressing the responsibilities and qualifications referenced above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and “Development Director” in the subject line, and indicate in your cover letter where you found this job listing. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by June 30, 2018.
Encuentro is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Encuentro encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.